EDC Vegas

   I get a free ticket to EDC Las Vegas from a girl I met on Tinder. She's a show runner for Adult Swim and wrote a cartoon I loved in my early twenties and used to watch to self-soothe, rather than cut myself. We went on a few dates together. I brought her some mushrooms and we went hiking. She got me to talk about my dad and brother which I never do, with anyone. After my ex, I never really felt like opening up to anyone in that way. But with her it was easy. Maybe because I had nothing to lose, or maybe because we actually got along, or maybe I just needed to find more people who were interesting. I forget where the saying comes from but interesting people are interested. Maybe I just liked that she asked me questions. I wanted her to come to Vegas with me, and she almost did. She bought a ticket, ecstasy, and everything. Then, the show she was working on got cancelled randomly and she called me up in tears. She'd been putting everything she had into it. She decided to visit her family back on the East coast while things simmered down for her. I ended up with two tickets and took Damien instead. 

  

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garret Night/warehouse party